Is snapchat deleting memories is the question a lot of you are asking.
After the start of the pandemic, the time that people spend on social media has increased manifolds. And in return these apps have also started competing against themselves for users’ screen time.
With all the new filters and updates that are constantly being added to various platforms for users’ attention, many features get obsolete and forgotten. These features often get deleted as they get old and are replaced. In this blog, we are here to address the rumour of ‘Is snapchat deleting memories?’
What is Snapchat?
Almost everyone has seen photos of people with dog’s ears or heart freckles or flowers floating on their head. I am 100% sure that you all know what I am talking about. That’s right, Snapchat. The combination of snaps and texts is what makes this mobile app different from other social media. Snapchat has a special kind of camera so, you can try on a new look with just one tap on the mobile screen. Simply, you can chat with your friends through snaps on Snapchat and send memes for snapchat. With more than 500 million users, Snapchat has become one of the largest networking platforms.
Snapchat’s ‘Memories’ feature
One of the most popular social media platform among millenials, Snapchat created the ‘Memories’ feature back in 2016 which instantly became a hit. Now the news of Is snapchat deleting memories is causing havoc among people. Because of this feature, people were able to save their snaps and videos in a virtual photo album. And who doesn’t love to take a trip down memory lane and look back at some fun moments. There was no need to save these in your phone album but you had the option to save it to your photo album too depending on your choice. These snaps can be edited, saved and sent to your device.
But a rumour started in December of 2020 that Is snapchat deleting memories. Everyone using Snapchat is devastated with this news and we are writing this blog to address this rumour. So, continue reading if you want to know the truth.
How to make Snapchat memories?
Let’s learn how to save your snaps and videos on Snapchat memories:
- Open your smartphone and launch Snapchat app.
- Now as the app opens the camera, just click a picture ir shoot a video. And add any filter or caption you want on the snap.
- After all the editing, when you are satisfied with the snap just save it by tapping on the arrow icon in the bottom right corner.
Once you have clicked on the Arrow icon, then a pop-up will appear saying Saved! which means that it is saved to the Snapchat Memories.
Accessing Snapchat Memories
Now this is a simple process in which you start by opening the Snapchat app on your smartphone. As the app will open up to its camera then you will see a few icons on its screen. You have to look for an icon like a fanned out cards below the big circle of recording button.
When you will click on that icon which is also show in the image above then it will open the Snapchat memories. You will be able to see all the saved images and videos in this area and also sort these snaps.
How can you resend Snapchat memories?
The most important feature of a memory is that you can always go and take trip down the memory lane. One of the most important feature is also that you can make your memories into stories and share them on special occasions. To repost the old memories as stories just follow the steps given below:
- For the process of reposting a snap memories tap on the snap, video, or the story you did like to send.
- Now when you have opened the snap you can press the blue arrow in the bottom right corner and select your recipients.
- After you have sent the story the recipient will know it is as memory because it will appear as a new chat instead of a new snap.
Memories act as a camera or your gallery in your phone. You can visit your old memories and can also share them with the person you made those memories with and can also share them with everyone through stories.
Is snapchat deleting memories?
No snapchat isn’t deleting memories. The social media was worried there for a moment because of rumour started in december of 2020. Now after all the research we have done and now came up with an answer. Social media users no longer had to worry about saving their Snapchat Story to their camera roll. Because they won’t be deleting it any sooner so be happy and keep making memories. We also got some of the user tweets who were angry at those rumours and snapchat let’s take a quick look at the tweets.
“I’m actually sitting here sobbing over the fact that if Snapchat got rid of their memories feature I would be reduced to nothing.” One person commented, “Snapchat getting rid of stories December  … so Insta Twitter and Snapchat all hopping on the bandwagon of annoying everyone I see. The only reason i haven’t deleted snap is because I don’t wanna lose memories lmfao.”Tweet
@Snapchat um Snapchat what is this I hear? You’re taking the memories feature off. Can’t be true right?” an individual tweeted. Another person wrote, “Now why is Snapchat getting rid of the memories feature I have so many videos/pics saved on their that i just didn’t want on my camera roll.”Tweet
How to change your Memories Setting?
You can also change your memories settings in few simple following steps:
- First you just have to go to your profile and open settings ⚙️.
- Then scroll and go the memories.
- Then you can select the settings you want to change.
The settings that are available in the memories setting options are as follows:
- Smart Backup: If enabled, your Memories may back up over mobile data when Wifi is unavailable.
- Import Snaps from Camera Roll: You can import Snaps from your device’s Camera Roll into Memories.
- Save Button: Choose where Snaps and Stories go when you tap the save button.
- Auto-Save My Story Snaps: If enabled, Snaps sent to My Story will be automatically saved to Memories.
- Save to My Eyes Only by Default: If enabled, Snaps and Stories you save will be automatically stored in My Eyes Only.
So here we are calming your minds and hearts about Is snapchat deleting memories? No it is not happening and will not going to happen any soon. Now after addressing the rumours we have also talked about few of the features of the memories that can be useful to you. Hope you find this information useful. Thank You for the read.