Lenovo laptops are very popular and work great without any problems. However, a problem relating to turning on may occur sometimes. The problem that may occur is even after pressing the power button, the laptop does not power on. In this blog, we will discuss the topic of “Lenovo power button flashing not turning on.” There are various models of Lenovo laptops and every model has different solutions for this problem.
There is a quick fix that you can apply to the problem of Lenovo power button flashing not turning on. You can unplug the A/C adapter and remove its battery if it is possible. Then, keep holding the power button for 30 seconds approximately. Now try plugging in the A/C adapter and boot the machine. Lastly, you have to install the battery.
Process to solve Lenovo power button flashing not turning on
Let’s discuss the steps to fix the issue of your Lenovo power button flashing but not turning on. We will start with the basics and move on to the advanced techniques. Below-mentioned is the 10 step procedure where we will check individual components for damage. But before proceeding, you should check the A/C adapter, the battery, and the charging port.
The first thing you should check is that your Lenovo laptop is getting power. You have to check this because your laptop may not be receiving power. In the following steps, you can find how to resolve power on issues.
1. No status lights
The first step that we are going to discuss in the problem of Lenovo power button flashing but not turning on is to check whether the power status indicator lights are functioning.
- Firstly, plug in the A/C adapter and find a power status indicator light. You may find it on the lower part of the display screen or where you plug in the A/C adapter.
- Secondly, verify whether your power outlet is working propwerly or not.
- Lastly, when you see a power status indicator light then try to power on the laptop.
If you are unable to see a status indicator light then, continue reading below.
2. Remove the A/C Adapter and Battery
The second step that we are going to discuss in the problem of Lenovo power button flashing but not turning on is as follows:
- Firstly, If you are unable to see a status light then you have to unplug the A/C adapter and remove the external battery.
- Now keep holding the Power button for 30 seconds in order to discharge any static buildup.
- After that, plug in the A/C adapter.
- Lastly, you have to try pressing the power button and see if the laptop powers on.
3. Lenovo Power On with Battery only
The third step we are going to discuss in the problem of Lenovo power button flashing but not turning on is trying with only the battery. You have to follow the three steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, you have to unplug the A/C adapter.
- Secondly, re-insert the battery now.
- Lastly, you have to press the Power button and check if the laptop powers on.
4. Press the Lenovo Emergency Reset button
In some models of Lenovo laptops, there is a CMOS reset button that you can push to reset the system. This is called Emergency Reset Hole by Lenovo. When you press this then the power cuts to the system from any internal or external battery to reset the laptop.
- Firstly, look for a small hole after turning your laptop. You will see it on the back base plate.
- Secondly, if you find this hole in your laptop then insert a a straight pin into it. When you do so, the emregency reset button will work.
- Lastly, try to switch on your Lenovo laptop.
5. Press the Lenovo NOVO Button
In some of the IdeaPad laptops of Lenovo, there is a NOVO button to reset the system and boot into the recovery BIOS. You can find this button by the power button or on the side of the laptop. You can recognise it by its shape of an upside down looking curved arrow.
- Firstly, the NOVO button is a small hole and you will be able to recognise it with the help of the image above.
- Secondly, because of this you will enter the Lenovo recovery mode.
- Lastly, you will find an option for system recovery in the NOVO menu. You just have to select it to boot the laptop.
6. Lenovo Display Screen Blank
The sixth step that we are going to discuss in the problem of Lenovo power button flashing but not turning on is ensuring that it is not a bad display. It may happen sometimes that the laptop may power on but the display is blank. Because of this, it will look like the laptop is off.
- Firstly, power on the system and finds the signs that it is on.
- Secondly, you have to listen for fan noise and find some lights.
- Lastly, if you think that the laptop is getting power after checking then you have to take it for servicing.
7. Lenovo A/C Adapter and Power Port bad
The seventh step that we are going to discuss in the problem of Lenovo power button flashing but not turning on is to check both the A/C power adapter and plug-in port.
- Firstly, you have to check the A/C adapter and cable for any visible damage. If required, then purchase a replacement.
- Then check the laptop port where you plug in the adapter. You have to look for any signs of damage.
- Sometimes the port can get worn too and it will cause difficulty in making a secure connection.
- Lastly, id the port is worn then take your laptop for servicing.
8. Lenovo Battery issues
The eighth step that we are going to discuss in the problem of Lenovo power button flashing but not turning on is checking if the battery is bad.
- Firstly, if you have bad battery then it can cause power issues. Because of this, it will prevent the laptop from powering on.
- Secondly, you have to check the laptop battery for for any visible signs of damage and replacement.
A battery that does not charge properly or hold the charging requires replacement as it is damaged.
9. Lenovo Power button blinking or flashing
In the normal sense, this flashing signifies that your Lenovo laptop is in sleep or standby mode. You can easily wake it up by pressing any key. However, in this situation, if you press the power button, it will start blinking but the laptop does not power on. Follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, keep pressing the power button for few seconds so that it can turn off.
- Secondly, after pressing the ‘Emergency Reset Hole’, you have to power on the laptop.
- Lastly, if your laptop does not contain a reset button then, remove the external and internal batteries. Now press the power button for 15 seconds. You have to replace the batteries and power on your laptop.
10. Remove Lenovo Laptop internal components
The last step that we are going to discuss in the problem of Lenovo power button flashing but not turning on is opening up the laptop and removing and re-seating the hard drive, memory modules, and internal battery. After doing so, you have to put all the components back together and try to power on the laptop.
If all the above-mentioned steps fail to power on the laptop then you should call Lenovo support to have the system serviced and repaired.
Most of the time, Lenovo laptops are reliable but things may go wrong sometimes. Your problems will be solved after trying all the procedures above. But if the Lenovo power button flashing not turning on, you should contact Lenovo support. The troubleshooting process will apply to most of the Lenovo models. So you can try them when your Lenovo power button flashing not turning on.