The MMSService is an application or an android package responsible of processing the multimedia messages on your devices. A Multimedia Message Service (MMS) is used to send images or multimedia content between two phones.
In this content, we show you all the knowledge that you simply may have to know what really is that the MmsService and What it’s for?
What is MMSService for?
Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) may be a technology develop by 3GPP (Third Generation Partnership Project). That was developed to enable the transmission of multimedia content via text message.
An extension to the Short Message Service (SMS) protocol, MMS defines how to send and receive, almost instantaneously, wireless messages that include images, audio, and video clips additionally to text.
A common application of MMS messaging is picture messaging. Which is that the use of phone cameras to require photos for immediate delivery to a mobile recipient.
The extension for this app is com.android.mms and you’ll find it on your system apps on your device.
Can I uninstall MMSService?
The MMSService is a system app, so it’s impossible to delete it unless you’ve got a system with benefits, with a special encryption. This is often the sole message platform that you simply have preinstalled on your phone. Just in case that you simply want to delete it or disable it, you’ll want to download an identical app so as to stay having the chance to send messages. You’ll find an identical app by just accessing the Play Store and searching for the proper one.
The right solution to a problem regarding this app isn’t to uninstall it, because this is often a system app and should have another hidden features which will affect other functionalities.
Permissions for the MMSService
As we already explained, this app is responsible of the Multimedia Messages on your smartphone, therefore, it need to have access to your messages. If you access the permissions needed for this package within the app settings, thus, you’ll see what’s necessary for this app to the right working. The permissions needed for com.android.mms is merely the SMS.
Is it a Virus or a Malware/Bloatware/Spyware ?
It is possible that some anti-virus can detect an epidemic within “com.android. mms“. Also, it’s going to show some error that the appliance stopped and a few users think it’s due to an epidemic. This is often a system application and it’s impossible in the least to be considered as an epidemic.
You have to think about that you simply use this service for sending multimedia content. During this case, this android package are often the vehicle for delivering some harmful attacks. You’ll use an easy tool to wash the content you receive just in case that a number of your content is suffering from a malicious thread. Otherwise, you can just format or factory reset your device, this last recommendation just in case you’re having big issues with this property.
Best Tips for MMS
To optimize MMS messages for the simplest user experience, use the subsequent best practices :
- Ensure the image layout is vertical as most mobile devices display vertically.
- Use JPEG format for images.
- File size of images shouldn’t exceed 420 KB.
- Remember the topic line is 64 characters.
- Keep additional text to fewer than 500 words for better readability.
- Also, you can use GIF format for animated images.
- GIF format file size should be under 600 KB.
Fixing issues related to MMSService
Restart the device
- The first thing you ought to do is, restarting your device.
- To restart your Android device, press and hold the facility button.
- Then, tap on “Restart,” then tap thereon again.
- And, your device will restart in a quick moment.
Resetting App Preferences
- Go to settings
- Tap Apps
- Then, click on the ellipsis icon (three dots on the highest right side)
- Tap Reset app preferences then finally tap on OK.
Clearing the Cache Data
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the facility button + Volume Up + Volume Down
- The Recovery Mode menu will open up, then, use the quantity buttons to navigate the menu and select the Wipe Cache Data option.
- Finally, Restart your device
Factory Reset the System
- Go to Settings.
- Tap General management.
- Then, tap the Reset option.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Finally, tap the push button and enter your screen lock if there’s any.
Note: One should first backup the device data because factory resetting your device will result in the complete loss of all data in the system (both, internal and external).
In this post, we have got the complete information about what is the MMS Service. What is it used for? Various tips and tricks. and also, is it a virus, malware/bloatware or a spyware. We have also seen various methods to fix issues arising out of these MMS Services.