You may want to know what is the SCPM Client? The one that you’ve been coming across rather frequently but don’t have any idea about. So, you are here coming across this snip to know fully about the SCPM Client. Don’t worry you will get a clear understanding of the various facets of the SCPM Client and in complete details after you have gone through this blog. So, lets get going.
The SCPM Client
SCPM client is Samsung’s system app that’s associated with another system app. It stands for Smart Certified Project Manager, an Android system app developed by Samsung. The precise functionality of SCPM is unknown. But, consistent with some sources, it enforces power-saving policies in Smart manager.
So, is SCPM Safe and Sound to Use?
The answer to the question is a big “YES”. As mentioned before, it’s a system app by Samsung; it’s perfectly safe and doesn’t cause any issues for many people.
Can it be disabled if I want it to be?
System apps can’t be disabled like other third-party apps. It is so because system apps are usually liable for important functions. By uninstalling some system apps, you’ll start experiencing usability issues. Or, a tool can become completely unusable if the app is crucial. But there are still some ways to disable system apps; we’ve mentioned them later during this article.
SCPM doesn’t require any permission; you’ll check it yourself by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to Settings
- Tap Apps
- Tap the ellipsis icon (the three dots option)
- Then, select Show system apps
- Finally, tap Permissions
How do we disable SCPM Client?
It is recommended to not disable the SCPM client because it is a functionality of Smart Manager. Disabling the same may cause some sort of malfunctionality to the system. Hence, it is advisable to not disable it. But, in case, you are adamant on disabling it then, follow the below methods :
Use ADB — The Android Debug Bridge
ADB is similar to a debug tool that allows you to communicate with an Android device. It only requires a computer, and therefore the steps are often confusing if you’ve got no experience and tech knowledge. But if you follow all the steps carefully, you ought to be easily ready to disable it.
- You’ll need to A command and write the package of the SCPM client app to disable it.
- The package name is com.samsung.android.sm.policy
Use 3rd-Party Applications
Multiple third-party apps are often available to disable the system app. One among the foremost popular apps is Package disabler pro. It costs £2.5/ year but it is worth using as it will disable system apps without rooting your device.
- You need to first download the Package Disabler app from the play store or even from their official page.
- Then, install it, and you’ll be ready to find and choose the apps you would like to disable.
Fixing the SCPM Client Not Working Issue ?
There are various methods to fix this issue and get rid of this problem once and for all. Some of which are being laid bare below :
Uninstalling the Android System WebView
- Open Google Play Store
- Type the “Android System WebView” name in the search box
- Tap thereon and uninstall it if it’s already installed
- Once done, attend your device Settings
- Tap Apps
- Then, go to the ellipsis icon (three dots on the highest right side)
- Tap Show system apps
- Search and open the SCPM client app
- Tap on Storage
- Finally, tap Clear cache
- If it doesn’t work, try clearing app data rather than only cache.
Checking for Updates of Firmwares
- Visit the Settings option.
- Look for Software Update.
- Then check for available updates
- If there’s any update, then, download and install it
Restarting the system
- The first thing you ought to do is, restarting your device.
- To restart your Android device, press and hold the facility button.
- Then, tap on “Restart,” then tap thereon again.
- And, your device will restart in a quick moment.
Resetting App Preferences
- Go to settings
- Tap Apps
- Then, click on the ellipsis icon (three dots on the highest right side)
- Tap Reset app preferences then finally tap on OK.
Clearing the Cache Data
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the facility button + Volume Up + Volume Down
- The Recovery Mode menu will open up, then, use the quantity buttons to navigate the menu and select the Wipe Cache Data option.
- Finally, Restart your device
Factory Reset the System
- Go to Settings.
- Tap General management.
- Then, tap the Reset option.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Finally, tap the push button and enter your screen lock if there’s any.
Note: One should first backup the device data because factory resetting your device will result in the complete loss of all data in the system (both, internal and external).
Here, we have seen What is SCPM Client? We have also seen the various methods to disable the SCPM Client. Along with that we have also gone throught various fixes to the ever stopping issues. You may generally not need to disable the this SCPM Client as it is a Smart Manager functionality (a system app). But, in extreme conditions if you might need to do so this article will come in quite handy with all the tricks up its sleeves for you. Till then, see-ya !!