Are you one of those people that accidentally delete an Android app on your device’s home screen? If you are then we know you must be frustrated right? But fortunately for many devices removing or deleting an app on the home screen won’t delete the app itself. But that being said it mainly depends on your device. And the version of the Android OS that is running on your device. And also which type of app you would like to retrieve. As long you haven’t removed/deleted the app restoring the Apps icon missing the android icon on your home screen won’t be a problem.
It doesn’t matter what Android OS you have or what type of Apps icon missing android this blog will help you. Any of these methods will not take over 2 minutes to complete. So, without any delay let’s jump into action and find the solution for the Apps icon missing android.
Also Read: Certain apps not working on wifi but work on mobile data
How to restore Apps icon missing android
Method 1: Check your app drawer
The first place you need to start looking is your “App drawer” if you’re looking at essential icons on your device. And we don’t think we need to tell you how to go to the app drawer. Here is how you can check through the “App drawer”.
- Firstly, you need to click on the “App drawer” icon on your device. When you do this it will bring up a list of all the apps on your phone and you can scroll across pages to view more.
- Then find the app for which you want to make a shortcut. Now if you can’t find it and you can easily search the app on the search bar.
- Now press and hold down the icon and it will open your Home screen.
- After that from there you can easily drop the icon wherever you like. Now this method will create a new shortcut on your device.
Lastly, if you have accidentally deleted Android app icons on your app drawer. Then you will be able to get it back by checking the last method in this list.
Method 2: Long Press a blank space on your home screen
This method should be enough to get most of your icons back on your device’s main screen and you might also not even have to use the app drawer to get them back again.
- Easiest method to recover apps icon missing android is to press and hold on an empty space on your device home screen. When you do that a new menu will pop-up with customizable options for your device.
- Then select the Widgets and Apps to open a new menu.
- Then click on the Apps. From here you can select the app icon that you previously deleted by mistake.
- Then press and hold the icon and then drag it onto a space on your device. Also, you can rearrange it later.
- Now your app should be exactly where you want it to be and also it will be ready to use right away.
Method 3: Add a new Launcher
If you are having problems with the launcher, that you are using right now then you can install a new one. There are several different options that you can easily choose from on the Playstore and they all come with several different options and features to customize your device.
Also, if you don’t know anything about the launcher. A launcher is an app that helps your device to control the layout and look of your Home screen and also your app drawer.
- Firstly, you need to install the launcher on your device and then set it as your default launcher.
- After that restart your device.
- Now you will see that you will have a different Home Screen.
- Then you will be able to find and arrange apps and then change their icons from within with the help of the new launcher.
Method 4: Re-enable disabled apps or find apps you have hidden
There might be chances that you have disables or hidden apps on your device. If this might be sounding familiar you can check the steps given below to make sure that it is not the case.
- Firstly, open the Apps or Application menu from your settings menu.
- Now click on the app whose icon you would like to see again.
- After that if you see a button that “Enable/Start” then this is likely to be the root of your problem. You need to click on the “Enable/Start” in order to get your icons back again.
Method 5: See if you have deleted the entire application
One scenario that you also have to take into consideration is that you might have deleted the app from your device and not just the shortcut from your Home screen. Also, you can check the Play Store for a backup.
When you open your play store if it says Install this means that you have deleted the whole app mistake.
If you deleted the app accidentally you can always reinstall the app from the play store easily. Also, apps leave a cache on your device for future re-use so that you won’t lose any of your data related to that app.
Method 6: Retrieve custom Android app icons that have disapperaed
If you add custom icons that can be a refreshing addition to your old stale usual phone. But when you update it can automatically cause some of the apps to disappear from your device.
So, if you are having an issue with the custom icons or custom launchers resetting the device or launcher should solve your problem easily.
When people by mistake delete the apps that can be quite painful. But don’t worry we are always here and happy to help so if your Apps icon missing android don’t worry here is quite a method to help you solve the problem. Hope you find this information useful. Thank you for the read.