You might have come across various tips and tricks of using Twitter. This is also one post, in which we see how downloading GIFs from Twitter is done. GIFs or the Graphic Interchange Format are reactionary equivalents in short video format of word messages that one would normally use, instead.
As you would possibly expect, you’re sure to see 1,000,000 GIFs on Twitter that you simply like. Unfortunately, keeping those Twitter GIFs on your computer or phone is tougher than it should be. So, lets see more in-depth about Twitter GIFs and how to download them for your own usage.
Downloading GIFs from Twitter
To kick things off, it is easier said than done. It is generally not easily possible to download any media that isn’t a still photo on Twitter. Instead, you would possibly notice that GIFs on Twitter use an interface that appears almost like a video platform, but they’re missing the playback bar at rock bottom of the display. That’s the important reason why you can’t save your Twitter GIFs to your computer: They aren’t GIFs in the least , but small video files converted to a proprietary format by Twitter. On the flip side, you’ll also convert videos to post them on Twitter.
So, how do we do it then? For a solution, we can use 3rd-party apps and software to facilitate the media downloading. While it’s not as simple as right-clicking on a picture and saving it to your computer, it’s still an easy process. Let’s take a glance.
Saving Twitter GIFs on PC
Without wasting any moment lets see how we do it….
- Look for the Tweet having that GIF on your PC.
- Now, Right click on that to go to Copy Video Address option,
- There you need to copy the GIF link.
- Then, open a replacement tab.
- Visit the site “https://ezgif.com/” and click on the ‘Video to GIF‘ link.
- Paste the copied Twitter GIF link into the video URL box.
- Click the ‘Upload video!’ button
- You’ll see a page that features your GIF as a video.
- You can convert it back to GIF using the Convert to GIF option.
- The converted GIF will appear within the next window. Right right-click it and save the file.
Saving Twitter GIFs on your Phone
It is comparatively tougher to save/download Twitter GIFs to your phone as compared to downloading it on your PC. Nevertheless, there are still some methods to get over this. We will see them right-away.
Using Web-browser on your Phone
- Start by finding the GIF you would like to save lots of to your device.
- Click on the tweet.
- Click on the GIF inside the tweet to open it during a full-screen display.
- Hit the share button at rock bottom , then select “Copy Link.” On Android, you receive a notification when the link gets copied to your clipboard.
- With the link copied, open your browser and head to “https://ezgif.com/”, which features a mobile site that functions as outlined above.
- Paste the link into the box provided, but don’t click the “Convert” button.
- Scroll through the URL and erase everything before the ‘https://…’ portion of the link.
- Hit the ‘Upload video!‘ button.
- Press and hold the newly created GIF.
- Select ‘Save Image‘ to download the content to your device.
Using 3rd-Party Applications
There are various 3rd-party applications that support the power to download and save the content to your device. For Android devices, Tweet2GIF is an app that performs very almost like EZGIF’s Video-to-GIF web app but works as a fanatical application.
- Click on the GIF within the associated tweet to open it during a full-screen display.
- Tap the ‘Share‘ button at rock bottom
- Select “Copy Link.”
- Visit Tweet2GIF from the Play Store.
- Install and launch the app.
- Paste the Twitter GIF link you copied in steps 1-3 above.
- Click the ‘Download GIF‘ button to save lots of a replica to your smartphone.
Now, for iOS devices, one can visit the GIFwrapped application, a reliable GIF program on iOS that also comes with the power to convert Twitter GIFs into shareable ones.
- Open GIFwrapped application.
- Copy GIF link and paste it in the box signifying to Use the Clipboard.
- Save the GIF to your library
- Post or share the GIF to any app by using the built-in share feature of GIFwrapped.
- You are now done and have saved a quality GIF of your choice which you can use anytime and anywhere.
WRAPPING UP !!!
What now? Did you like the post? Sure, you will if you have gone through the complete post. A detailed guide as to how to download Twitter GIFs, which is rather very cumbersome to download/save. We have seen various methods from using 3rd-party apps to visiting particular sites and other tricks. It is all covered herein. So, what are you waiting for Go and download your favorite GIFs now !!!!