There are many different websites for every interest. But it doesn’t mean that the content is safe to find especially if you are sharing your device with your children. If you don’t want your children to get unlimited access to search results then you will need a filter. By doing this Google will block explicit content by default and you need to thank the Google SafeSearch system. How to turn off safe search google.
SafeSearch filters content that it judges as it is unsafe for children to view. Well, it isn’t foolproof but it does help to give children and young adults a safer way to search the internet. If you want to know how to turn SafeSearch off, however, you will need to disable it in the Google search settings menu on your device.
Disabling Google SafeSearch on PC or Mac
So, if you are using a Google Search in your web browser on PC or Mac. Then the process to disable the SafeSearch filtering. What this will do is give you the full search results for queries you make including any explicit results.
The following steps will work for any desktop platform assuming your using a web browser to make Google search queries. This includes Windows, Linux and Mac devices.
- Firstly, you need to turn off the Google SafeSearch in your browser to the Google website. After that make a search using any query. Now once the search results
- Now from the drop-down menu, select the search setting option.
- Now in the search settings menu and then make sure to uncheck the Turn on the SareSearch checkbox. Once you do that you will disable SafeSeach filtering.
- Once you have unchecked the safesearch option, scroll down and then select save to save your settings.
The SafeSearch filtering deactivates almost immediately. But one thing you must do is check all you need to do is search for a query that would likely generate explicit results. If the results are missing, SafeSearch is still active.
But one thing you should keep in mind is that the SafeSearch isn’t foolproof and explicit results and it can still appear in results from time to time.
- Now Google lables only the different filtered result pages with a SafeSearch on label. Then also if you see this listed then you will need to follow the steps above to disable it.
How to turn off safe search google on Mobile Browsers
If you are using the Google search on your mobile browser. Then you need to follow the steps given below. The process given below will work on iPhone, Android and iPad device users. And for the Google Search app users however you need to follow the steps further below to disable the SafeSearch instead.
- Firstly, you need to open the mobile browser on your smartphone and then go to Google website. Use the search engine to make any query and then load a search results page. Now once the page is loaded and then select the hamburger menu icon which you can see on the top left corner of your screen.
- Now go to settings and select the settings option.
- In the search settings menu. You need to select the show explicit results radio button to turn Google SafeSearch filtering off. What this will do is disable filtering in your web browse. Then you have to follow the steps in the sections below in order to check that you have successfully disabled filtering in the Google Search app. Now if want to activate it again you need to again select the Hide explicit results option instead.
- Now once you have disabled the Google SafeSearch you will need to go down and then click on the Save button to save your settings.
- You can also double check that your have successfully switched SafeSearch off on mobile by making a Google search that is likely to generate explicit results.
How to Turn off Google SafeSearch in the Google Search App on Android
So, if you use the Google App on your Android device you can easily directly disable SafeSearch directly. Also, this will work for other users who haven’t signed in to the Google in the browser and want to disable filtering the mobile app.
- Firstly, all the Andorid users can begin by opening the Google app on their smartphone. In order to begin you need to select the More button in the bottom left.
- Then in the Google app menu you need to select the setting option.
- Now in the settings menu, you need to select the General option.
- Now to disable the SafeSearch you need to tap the SafeSearch slider. Now once you do that the slider will turn gray.
The settings will change and will be automatically save in the Google app settings. Now if you want to check if the SafeSearch is off. All you need to do is click on the back button and use the main Google Search bar to make a query which will provide you with a explicit content results.
So, if the results are explicit and uncensored. Google SafeSearch is off which allows you make explicit and uncensored searches.
How to turn off safe search google in the Google Search App on iPhone and iPad
For all the iPhone and iPad users the steps are a little different so follow the steps given below in order to turn off the Google SafeSearch.
- Firstly, in order to open the Google App on your iPhone or iPad. To access the settings menu you need to click on your profile icon in the top-left corner.
- Now from the pop-up menu you need to select the settings option.
- Then in the setting menu you need to select the General option.
- Now in the genral menu you need to select the search settings option.
- Lastly, Google search settings will appear in the pop-up menu. Now all you need to do is show explicit results option to disable the SafeSearch filtering or Hid explicit results to enable it instead. Now all you need to do save to confirm your new settings.
We would advice that if you want to improve your online safety. You are probably better off leaving Google SafeSearch switched on. But if you really want to do it here is how to turn off safe search google. Hope you find this information useful. Thank you for the read.