We all have faced problems while using YouTube music like YouTube music stops when the screen turns off. In that case, I will make you aware of the methods to tide over this crisis. Given YouTube’s popularity and widespread use, it’s no surprise that many users want to use it with their phone locked, the screen turned off in their pocket, etc., while they work, exercise, or just go about their day. Unfortunately, YouTube automatically shuts down when you lock your phone. But, worry not, I am here to tell you ways around this crisis. So, just relax and join me in this entertaining journey!
In this guide, we will show you how to bypass the phone lock and play YouTube videos regardless of whether you are currently using your phone or not.
How to play YouTube when your device is locked?
There are several ways to play YouTube when your phone is locked, regardless of why you need to do so. Maybe you want to save battery or listen to music or an interview while you sleep. Here is how to keep YouTube running when your phone is asleep/locked:
YouTube Premium (previously known as YouTube Red)
The YouTube Premium streaming service is the official way to play content when your screen is locked. At $11.99 per month, this service is one subscription that you have to pay for. If that’s not for you, there are a few workarounds. If you use YouTube frequently, it might be worth considering YouTube Premium. This subscription offers other benefits besides locked-screen videos.
Use Mozilla Firefox to Play YouTube on Android
This trick for Android browser is a simple workaround. If you are using an Android device, access a YouTube video through the Mozilla Firefox browser instead of the YouTube application. Be sure to enter the URL so your Android device does not automatically redirect you to the app version:
- Tap the three vertical dots in the upper right corner.
- Tap the Request Desktop Site option.
- If you do this, you can even lock your phone and the device will still continue playback.
- However, you will not be able to control playback if your phone is locked.
- In this scenario, you’ll have to unlock it to jump through the video, pause it, play it, or do anything else.
- Fortunately, you can download Mozilla’s Firefox application for free and use it whenever you want.
- It’s a great, sleek, lightweight browser that’s a real pleasure to use.
Use Google Chrome to Play YouTube on Android
Bypassing the Google Chrome browser on Android is similar to Mozilla Firefox. If you lock your phone, the audio should continue to play. However, thanks to Google integration, you can control the pause and play functions from your lock screen – a nice, if not entirely unintended, idea. If you want to do this, you’ll need to make sure Google Chrome is in desktop mode on your Android device:
- Open your mobile Google Chrome browser and go to the three dots at the top right of the screen.
- Tap on it and select Desktop Site from the list that appears.
- This will result in a check mark and the page will update to a more prominent desktop design site.
- Do this if video playback is still interrupted when using Chrome browser in mobile mode.
- However, if you use the browser in desktop mode, you will not be able to control the playback features from the lock screen, which is unfortunate.
- But it’s better than not being able to lock your screen at all.
Use Safari browser to Play YouTube on iOS
Find the video you want to listen to on the YouTube website in Safari, and then follow these steps:
- Tap the three dots in the upper right corner of Safari.
- Tap Desktop.
- Thereafter, you can use Safari web browser to access the video you want and play it from there.
- If you use Safari on your iPhone or iPad to play YouTube videos, the audio content should also play through the locked screen.
- iOS users should also be able to use the Mozilla Firefox browser to accomplish the same thing.
- You should also be able to control playback using the free Firefox browser.
YouTube music stops when screen turns off <–> Use 3rd-Party Application ~~> ~~>
If you are using an Android device and the above solutions do not work; you can always download a third-party app that allows you to listen to YouTube while your smartphone is in lock. This option is quite limited due to YouTube’s policies, but you might find one that lasts for a while.
Apps like MiniTube allow you to play YouTube in the background while the phone’s screen is off. There are a few other options in the Play Store. If you go to the search option and type in “YouTube player in the background”, related apps will appear in the list.
Note: When you download a third-party app, be sure to read the reviews. Some apps in the Google Play Store drain your battery, consume your data, or bombard your phone with ads.
WRAPPING UP !! YouTube music stops when screen turns off ~~> ~~>
So, how was this post? Wasn’t it great thus? In this post, we talked about the various ways we can employ technology to use YouTube without facing frequent stops. This article will help you tide over when YouTube music stops when screen turns off. Follow the steps given in this post, and you will thus surely get over this crisis. On that note, until next time, see ya! Goodbye !! ~~> ~~>
:: ~~> ~~> :: ** :::::: ** :: )) ** :: ** (( ~~> ~~>