Have you uninstalled Discord by mistake or maybe by choice, but now you realize you can’t live without it? So, if you want to know how to completely uninstall and reinstall the Discord app, then, this step-by-step guide will show you that; whether you are using a Windows, macOS, iPhone, iPad or Android device.
No matter what technical issue you have with Discord, one of the most effective solutions is to completely reinstall the Discord app. For us, this is the first step when we find Discord is not working properly, and it really works like magic. You may be wondering now: Why does reinstalling Discord fix various issues? So, let’s see this in the following section.
How to Reinstall Discord and Why does reinstalling it fixes various issues?
In a nutshell, by doing a complete reinstall, you are essentially deleting all of the Discord files that are stored on your PC. These files may be corrupted or may interfere with the functioning of the app, thus causing the issues with Discord.
But do not worry about losing any valuable data or files because your chat histories are not stored locally anyway. You can rest easy knowing that they are all safely stored on Discord servers? no matter how many times you reinstall the app.
When you reinstall, you will notice that the new Discord client takes a minute to complete the “update”. Basically, the Discord client retrieves your valuable data from the servers so that you have the same layout as before the reinstallation. So to do this, we have to start with uninstalling the Discord client and then remove all roaming and App-Data files with it. And, thereafter, continue the downloading process.
Uninstall Discord on Windows
- Press Windows + R buttons together to open the Run command prompt.
- Thereafter, type appwiz.cpl and press OK.
- Now, look for Discord in the list of programs, right-click it and select Uninstall.
- Now, you need to remove all traces of the previous Discord app from your PC.
- To do this, navigate to the Discord AppData and Roaming folder. You can do so, by opening the run prompt and typing %appdata% .
- Thereafter, in the File Explorer delete the Discord file.
- Open run prompt and type %localappdata% and delete the discord file in the file explorer.
Uninstall Discord on macOS
- Open Finder > Applications > Discord.
- Now, right click on the app and tap Move to Trash.
- Thereafter, to completely delete the Discord app data, select Go To from the app menu.
- Next, type ~/Library in the search box and click Go.
- In the next window, search for Discord and delete the Discord file by right-clicking it and selecting Move to Trash.
Uninstall Discord on Android/iOS
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to Apps & Notifications(Android users) or General followed by iPhone Storage(iOS Users).
- Now, look for Discord.
- Then tap on the Uninstall/Delete app option.
Now that you have removed the previous Discord app from your device, you need to install a new copy. To do this:
- Open Google Play Store or the App Store depending upon your device.
- Then look for the Discord application.
- Next, tap on Install.
- Now, wait for a moment, until the Discord app installs successfully.
Windows and macOS Users
- Open Discord website and download the respective installation file.
- Now, run the installation file and proceed with the usual guided installation steps.
- That’s it!
WRAPPING UP !! ~~> ~~>
As you can see, completely reinstalling Discord only takes a few minutes of your time. Especially if you know the right steps. Moreover, it is extremely handy to fix various issues or bugs in the Discord app related to the built up cache.
If you are using a mobile device like an iPhone or an Android device, it is much easier because you just need to uninstall the Discord app. Your device will delete the app’s data as soon as you finish uninstalling it. On that note, until next time, see ya!! Goodbye!! ~~> ~~>
:: ~~> ~~> :: ** :::::: ** :: )) ** :: ** (( ~~> ~~>