You are working on an important article in Google Documents right now. I am sure you want it to look perfect. Once you have all your thoughts written down in Google Documents, the next step is to format them in the right order. You are done with adding relevant headings, images, and for that matter graphics but alas you find an extra page that is making your whole document imperfect. Don’t worry, I am here to provide you with solutions to how to delete a page in Google Docs. So, don’t panic and let that extra page come between you and your content.
Want to flip an image in Google Docs? Here’s how you can do it !! ~~> ~~>
How to Delete Page in Google Docs
You shall remember that deleting a page in Google Docs is quite easy and is not a thing that should cause you to panic. So, without worrying you must first complete the document that you are working on before going on to delete the extra page(s).
Here are a few methods that you can consider, and that will help you delete an extra page in Google Docs. So, let’s start with them right away!
Simply Press Delete ~~> ~~>
- Place the cursor at the end of the previous page(the one before the page that you want to delete) and press Delete.
- Now, if the above action does not work, highlight the blank page and press Delete again.
- That’s it! You will surely delete that annoying extra page.
Want to double space in Google Docs? Read this post !! ~~> ~~>
Check for Custom Spacing ~~> ~~>
To check if the option of custom spacing is to blame for the coming up of an extra page in your document. Here’s what you have to do:
- You have to first, navigate to the “Format” option > “Line Spacing“.
- Next, a menu appears and you shall then, click on “Custom Spacing” and try changing the value to zero after the paragraph.
- This will surely resolve the issue.
Customize Page Breaks ~~> ~~>
You might have accidentally inserted a “Page Break”, that you did not intend to. But, you must check for it and if you find an accidental page break then, you shall look for it and quickly delete the new page break.
It may be that you have accidentally inserted that page break by pressing “Ctrl+Enter“. So, try deleting the page break as and when you find it to be the reason behind that extra page in your document.
How to select multiple files in Google Drive? Learn it from here !! ~~> ~~>
Check Margins ~~> ~~>
If your margin settings are too large, Google Docs tries to insert space at the bottom but ends up inserting a blank page. To check if the unwanted page is from too large a margin, do the following:
- Open your document in Google Docs.
- Then, go to “File” > “Page Setup”.
- Thereafter, adjust the margins so that they become lesser and hence culminate in removing that extra page of yours.
- That’s it! ::)
Miscellaneous Tips for a Perfect Document ~~> ~~>
Use Section Breaks
A document is called “well-formatted” if you use section breaks because they add order to your work. Here’s how you can insert a section break:
- Open your document
- Go to “Insert” > “Break” > “Section Break”
- Great! Your task is complete.
What is em dash in Google Docs? Read this to find out !! ~~> ~~>
Use Clear Formatting
Here’s how to use the clear formatting option:
- Open your document.
- Then, go to the Format tab and select the “Clear Formatting” option.
- Thereafter, you can reset the above formatting for the selected section or the entire document.
- Not only that you can also customize the appearance, formatting features, and layout.
Delete a Page in Google Docs — Smartphone Users
- Open the Google Docs application.
- Now open your file with the blank page you want to delete and tap on the “edit” icon.
- Next, click on the more (3-dots) button and tap “Print Style”.
- Thereafter, you can top on Remove to delete the extra page.
- That’s it!
Here’s how you can do subscripting in Google Docs !! ~~> ~~>
WRAPPING UP !! ~~> ~~>
Google Docs is an application that provides you with a multitude of formatting options that can also affect the organization and spacing of your pages. Unwanted blank pages will alter a well-organized document and also make it difficult to read. With the right knowledge of Google Docs formatting, you can figure out why you are seeing unwanted blank pages and apply the formatting tips above to clean them up.
So, through this post, I hope to have provided ample solutions in order to quench your quest to delete a page in Google Docs. All the methods above are literally very simple and even a beginner can easily follow them. So, try your hands on any of these quick methods and succeed. Do put out your thoughts and views in the comments section and also mention the method that you have liked the most. On that note, until the next time, see ya !! Goodbye !! ~~> ~~> ~~>
:: ~~> ~~> :: ** :::::: ** :: )) ** :: ** (( ~~> ~~>