How to Delete Reddit Account? Want to know about this, then continue reading and scrolling through this post to get yourself acquainted with the various methods available at your disposal to fulfill your desire. But, before that, let’s get a brief about what Reddit is? And, its various features too.
Reddit, or, as many call it, the front page of the Internet, is a content sharing, discussion, and social news aggregation website. It has a great collection of various forums and communities called subreddits from all walks of life. But, sometimes these experiences may not be enticing anymore and you will want to delete your account and get rid of the service. If that’s the case, then continue reading this post.
Using Reddit can be time-consuming and lead to digital clutter. The platform has also had some data confidentiality issues in the past. Social platforms like Reddit share user data with third parties, which has not gone over well with users in the past. GDPR compliance can help close these gaps to a large extent, but many companies are not quite there yet. You can opt-out of sharing your information using your profile settings option. But, even after that, if you want to delete your account then, worry not you will get various methods to do so in the subsequent sections.
How to Delete Reddit Account —— What happens after Deleting the Reddit Account?
There are a few questions that still linger on after you have made your conscious desire to get rid of your Reddit Account. Some of the common questions that may arise are what happens if you delete your Reddit account? Will your personal information be removed if you delete your account? Or, when you delete an account, what information is removed and what remains in the digital space? Will your personal information be removed when you delete your account, or not?
The answer to all the above questions is, that your posts and comments are not automatically deleted. If any of them contain your personal data, that data may remain on the platform. Probably not the most desirable scenario. Can you download your personal data? No, you can not do that yourself. You have to contact the platform to obtain it.
Want to learn how to clear Reddit History? This is the right place then !! ~~> ~~>
Deactivation / Deletion — The same thing?
In the case of Reddit, deactivation is another name for deletion, so yes, it is the same thing. Reddit does not give you the option to temporarily deactivate your account. Note, that once you delete your account, it can never be reactivated. Once a username has been assigned, it cannot be reused by anyone. So be quite sure that you want to delete your Reddit account before proceeding with the various methods.
How to Delete Reddit Account? ~~> ~~>
Now that all that is cleared up here are various methods that will help you delete your Reddit account. So, let’s look at them one by one.
Using a Reddit Premium Subscription
If you are a Reddit Premium member, simply deactivating your account will not delete your subscription, so follow these steps first:
- If you have your Apple ID/Google Play go to the Manage Subscriptions section of the Apple App Store/Play Store respectively.
- Then, select Reddit Premium from the list of subscriptions, and cancel it.
- You can also do this from your device’s account settings.
Here are some instructions if you want to delete your Reddit account on a desktop computer:
- Open Reddit.
- Navigate to the top right of your screen, and go to Profile > “User Settings”.
- Thereafter, scroll down to the “Deactivate Account” option.
- Next, click on Disable Account.
- Checkbox the Reddit pop-up displaying I know that the deactivated account cannot be restored > “Deactivate”
To delete your account from the Reddit app on your mobile device, do the following:
- Sign in to your Reddit account.
- Tap the icon at the top left of your screen to view your profile.
- Click Settings. Scroll down and click Help FAQ.
- You will see the Reddit help screen with a search box. Look for “deactivation”.
- Click the hyperlink to the article title that pops up to view it.
- Follow the instructions and click on the link given.
- Enter your reasons for deactivating your account.
- Also, make sure to check the box and accept the option that states, that once you delete your account you cannot recover it.
- Finally, click on the “Deactivate account” option to proceed.
- Followed by clicking on another “Deactivate” pop-up.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and tap General.
- Tap iPhone Storage.
- Scroll down and tap Reddit under “Apps taking up a lot of storage.”
- Then, press the “Delete App” option.
- That’s it!
- First up, the obvious step, sign in to Reddit via a browser.
- Select the arrow to the right of your profile picture.
- Go to “User Settings” > “Account” > “Deactivate Account”.
- Confirm your details and select “Deactivate”.
- Hurray! You have successfully deactivated/deleted your account.
WRAPPING UP !! ~~> ~~>
In this post, I think I have done well enough to have given you ample solutions; to help you delete your Reddit Account. All the methods above are literally very simple and even a beginner can easily follow them. So, try your hands on any of these quick fixes to fulfill your wish. You can also put out your thoughts and views in the comments section. On that note, until the next time, see ya !! Goodbye !! ~~> ~~>
:: ~~> ~~> :: ** :::::: ** :: )) ** :: ** (( ~~> ~~>