Instagram has begun rolling out a new feature called “Take a Break” in all countries, including India, that reminds users, especially younger users, to leave the platform for a while. Doomscrolling has become a terrible habit for most social media users, especially in the last two years when most people have quarantined themselves because of the pandemic. Instagram’s “Take a Break” feature reminds you that maybe you should log out and do something else. So, in this article, we will be discussing how to take a break from Instagram 2022.
Take a Break Instagram 2022 ~~> ~~>
The “Take a Break” feature essentially gives users the ability to set up reminders to take a break after a certain amount of time. As said by Adam Mosseri, Instagram chief, the “Take a Break” feature is a step toward reminding users to stop using the app after spending a certain amount of time on it. It is displayed to users who have spent a certain amount of time using the app and prompts them to set reminders to take more breaks in the future. Also, there are several “expert-backed tips” to help users “reflect and reset.”
It is noteworthy that, the “take a break” feature is optional, and users can choose between a few (10-, 20- or 30-minute) intervals when the app reminds them to leave. What started as a testing feature in the U.S., U.K., Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, and Canada has now been rolled globally.
This “Take a Break” feature is not the only way Instagram is encouraging its users to log off and do something else. There is also a Daily Limit feature, that allows users to set a time limit on how much time they want to spend in the app each day. Meta was heavily criticized last year when whistleblower Frances Haugen revealed; that the company’s own research had found that Instagram “could have harmful effects on the mental health of young users. Thus, this “Take a Break” feature was put into shape.
How to Take a Break from Instagram 2022 ~~>
Now, that you have got a brief idea about the “Take a Break” feature, let’s see how to turn On/Off this feature on Instagram. Given below are the steps that you need to follow:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Now, tap the hamburger (3-lines) icon.
- Next, tap your activity.
- Thereafter, select the “Time Used” option at the top.
- Now, you will see the “Take a Break” option and toggle it On/Off.
There are some other ways that you can take a break so, let’s see what all ways are there that you can utilize today.
Taking a Break by Deactivating your Instagram Account
You can try deactivating your account To temporarily deactivate your Instagram account, here’s what you need to do:
- Open your preferred browser.
- Thereafter, go to the Instagram website.
- Now, click on your profile picture and go to “Profile”.
- Next, select the option of temporarily disabling your account from the edit profile tab.
- Next, mention the reasons why you want to deactivate your account.
- Thereafter, confirm the deactivation, by entering your password. and clicking on “Confirm”.
- That’s it! You have successfully deactivated your account and are ready to take a full-time break. ::)
Note: You can deactivate your profile only once a week.
Reactivate your Account
Now, that you are done with your self-imposed and desired break. And, now you want to enjoy your time again by returning to the virtual world., then, here’s what you go to do:
- Open your preferred browser.
- Go to the Instagram website.
- And, just log back in with your last used username and password.
- That’s it! You are well and truly back from vacation.
Note: In case, you forget your password, you can also use the “Forgot Password” option to retrieve your credentials.
Delete your Account ~~> ~~>
Want to delete your account? Just follow the below steps and you will truly get your desires:
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- Go to the Instagram website and log in to your account.
- Then, go to the Delete Account page.
- Next, answer the questions that ask for the reasons for deleting your account.
- Thereafter, enter your password credentials and click on the option to “Delete Account Permanently”.
- But note, after this, all profile-related information will be deleted and will become unrecoverable. And, you cannot log in again using these credentials like in the case when you were reactivating your account after deactivation.
WRAPPING UP !! ~~> ~~>
In this post, I think I have done well enough to have given you ample solutions; to help you learn how to take a break from Instagram. All the methods above are literally very simple and even a beginner can easily follow them. So, try your hands on any of these quick fixes to fulfill your wish. You can also put out your thoughts and views in the comments section. Do mention which method you have liked the most. On that note, until the next time, see ya !! Goodbye !! ~~> ~~> ~~>
:: ~~> ~~> :: ** :::::: ** :: )) ** :: ** (( ~~> ~~>