All major phone manufacturers like Samsung, Apple, and Huawei have individual user accounts. These accounts are for better user experience and integration with their services. Account creation has its own advantages and disadvantages. On that note, in this article, we will be talking about Samsung account pros and cons.
When you buy a new phone and turn on the smartphone for the first time; you will surely be asked for the “Sign in” option, such as “Sign in with account” or “Skip for now”. Most users choose “Skip” because of time constraints or because they don’t have a default email id.
However, if the user later tries to use other advanced features of the phone, they will need to log in with their respective email id or phone account. Hence, let us discuss Samsung phones and Samsung accounts specifically in this post. Let’s start with the proceedings right away! 🙂
Samsung Account — Why? Pros and Cons ~~> ~~>
In this section, we will be looking at the various advantages and disadvantages of the Samsung account.
Pros of Samsung Account
Before we start, remember that this Samsung account is absolutely free. Hence, you should definitely give it a try. So, let’s see:
- Great Backup: When you link your data to your Samsung account, the data logged on your phone is backed up in the Samsung cloud. So, a safer bet, isn’t it?
- Samsung Pay: If your phone has NFC, then using this feature, you can transfer money digitally and securely. Also, accompanying it is the Reward points feature.
- Samsung Health: This app is available on Samsung smartwatches and helps you track your daily exercise and routine. Thereby, helping you maintain shape.
- Samsung TV: If you have a Samsung Account, the Samsung TV allows you to watch several free entertainment programs. Note, that you can use it both on your smartphone and your television set.
- Find my Mobile: This feature helps users to find lost phones. You can also lock your device in case it is stolen or lost so that your device is safe.
- Power Off Lock: This feature prevents the phone from turning off. Aner feature that comes in handy if you lose your phone and need to find it again via a GPS signal.
Cons of Samsung Account
- Some users are very sensitive about sharing personal data and it would be difficult for them.
- Backing up data would consume a lot of mobile data. This may be inconvenient for certain users if they don’t have wi-fi.
- And, I can’t come up with any other disadvantage of a Samsung Account.
Why do I need a Samsung Account instead of a Google Account? ~~> ~~>
To start off, it is indeed great to have a Samsung account for your Samsung phone because all the rich features are enabled along with Samsung ID. Also, a Samsung account is required to update or download Samsung apps. Not only that, great security accompanies a Samsung account and that is incomparable to that of products from other manufacturers.
The Samsung ecosystem is designed for a comprehensive user experience, and if users do not opt-in to the account service, it would affect the user experience. There are some features like Samsung’s One Drive system, Samsung Passport(used to store sensitive details), and the “Find my Phone” that won’t work without a Samsung Account.
How to create a Samsung Account? ~~> ~~>
Creating a Samsung account is very easy if you are using a Samsung phone. If you want to create an account now, here are the steps to follow:
- Open your device Settings.
- Go to “Cloud and Accounts” > “Accounts” > “Additional Accounts”.
- Thereafter, go to Samsung accounts and click on “Create Account”.
- Next up, enter your email address and password credentials and proceed to click on “Next”.
- Thereafter, agree to the terms&conditions and hurray, and you have successfully set up your account.
How to Back up with Samsung Account? ~~> ~~>
Creating an account alone is not enough. You need to link the Samsung Cloud to your device so that the data can be uploaded automatically. Follow the steps for linking.
- Open the device Settings.
- Next, go to “Cloud and Accounts” > “Samsung Cloud” > “Settings”.
- Thereafter, click on Synchronisation settings
- You need to select the items that you want to be backed up.
- Finally, your device is linked and the data is safe.
How to Delete your Samsung Account? ~~> ~~>
To delete your Samsung account:
- Go to device Settings.
- Next, click on “Accounts and Backup” > “Account” > “Samsung Account”
- Thereafter, click on it and select Personal Information.
- Next, click on the 3-dots button and tap on “Unsubscribe”.
- That’s it!
- You can open the Samsung account page and sign in with your credentials.
- Thereafter, click on your profile > “Account Settings”.
- Finally, click on the “Delete Account” option to initiate the deletion of your account.
WRAPPING UP !! Samsung Account Pros and Cons ~~> ~~>
In this post, I think I have done well enough to have given you ample solutions; to help you get aware of the Samsung Account Pros and Cons. I have given you an ample number of reasons to have a Samsung Account. But, you are free to decide for yourself whether you intend to have a Samsung Account or not. I have also provided the way to create a Samsung account, so try your hands and get yourself your very own Samsung account, if you so desire. On that note, until the next time, see ya !! Goodbye !! ~~> ~~> ~~>
:: ~~> ~~> :: ** :::::: ** :: )) ** :: ** (( ~~> ~~>