Legend has it that the first Battle Royale game came in the form of the Hunger Games update in Minecraft, which we now know as Survival Games. Survival Games borrows its unique gameplay style from the Hunger Games movie by placing players in the middle of the map near a series of equipment chests. When the game begins, players can compete for resources scattered in chests on the ground that must be found using items.
As usual, players are eliminated and the last surviving player wins the game. Some sources also say that Metal Gear Online was the very first online battle royale game released by Konami in 2006 on the PS3 platform, and can be considered the first console-based battle royale game. But, being only one platform-specific is what does not truly make it the first Battle Royale Game. But, before, we move on to anything else, let’s take a look at what is Battle Royale Game is in the first place! So, let’s get going right away!
Is Stranded Deep a multiplayer game? Check out this article to find out !! ~~> ~~>
What is a Battle Royal Game?
A Battle Royale is a multiplayer game that combines the elements of survival gameplay with exploration and looting, with many competitors trying to eliminate you or survive until the end of the countdown. It borrows its surviving element from the usual suspect. Yay! you guessed it right WWE.
Battle Royale Games is arguably one of the largest genres in gaming with a great range too. The origins of Battle Royale mode traces back to the ’90s when the multiplayer mode became available in games like Bomberman (Last Man Standing). This feature has slowly evolved into the Battle Royale that you see today, along with the same nuances of survival and looting in an open-world map mode.
Now, let us see why is this genre of gaming so popular!
Want to find out RPG Games to play on your Mac for Free? Read this !! ~~> ~~>
Marketing strategy and Commercial Entry
The Battle Royale gaming mode has gradually happened with the advent of DayZ: Battle Royale, a modification of the zombie apocalypse survival game DayZ developed by game designer Brendan Greene also popularly known as the “PUBG“. Later brought on board by the South Korean developer Bluehole. This game saw an unprecedented following when the beta version of PUBG was launched in early 2017, and by December of that year, it already had 30 million players worldwide.
Shortly after, another free-to-play, Battle Royale multiplayer game by the name “Fortnite” by Epic Games got a release. It features a cartoon-like visual style and combines survival play with Minecraft-like building elements. This also has now developed into a giant in the Battle Royale Games arena.
But, it’s not always that everybody succeeds. As you can see by the many unsuccessful attempts like the one of the Bloom Online based on a manga.
Live streaming of Battle Royale games has also become a popular source of revenue in the gaming community. Professional gamers stream their games live and show off their skills with witty commentary and casual tips and tricks for viewers to follow.
Open-World Map Format
The open-world format of Battle Royale games is also an important feature that sets them apart from other game genres. The studios go to great lengths to create these wonderful works of art. They have a combination of rural and urban settings. They all tell a story and are props for the narratives that players create throughout the game.
The buildings are there to hide items, but they also serve as navigation aids; the bridges provide access to other playgrounds and serve as bottlenecks to encourage gunfights between enemies.
Alternatives to PUBG Gaming in India !! ~~> ~~>
A Brief History — Battle Royale Games
The Battle Royale mode is a relatively new development that has only emerged in the last few decades. Here is a brief history of this format and genre:
Origin of the Term
- The term “Battle Royale” gets its name from the cult Japanese movie Battle Royale which got a release in 2000.
- It was based on the novel of the same name by Koushun Takami, which focuses on characters who must fight to the death.
Origin of the Format
- Origin of the format: the format for Battle Royale-style games has its origin in multiplayer mods.
- One of the first mods that enjoyed great popularity was Survival Games, which took Minecraft’s survival game and developed a version in the style of the competition in The Hunger Games.
A special mention to Brendan Greene
- Competitive mods were developed for the games DayZ and Arma 3 by game designer Brendan Greene; who also created PUBG, the popular standalone game in 2017.
- Greene’s popular battle royale mod for Z1, a zombie survival game, prompted developer Daybreak Company to create its own mod.
- Daybreak’s resulting Z1 Battle Royale also known as H1Z1 and King of the Kill throughout the development and growth process. It is said to be the first game of the genre.
Rise in Popularity
- Following the success of PUBG (Player’s Unknown Battle Ground), game developers Epic Games released Fortnite: Battle Royale, a competitive mode to their own zombie survival game, later that year.
- The rise of Battle Royale games follows the evolution of live online streaming video gaming.
Unable to Connect to EA Servers? Here’s what you got to do!! ~~> ~~>
WRAPPING UP !! ~~> ~~>
In this post, I think I have done well enough to have given you ample matter on the First Battle Royale Game. Not only that, but you have also seen a bit in-depth about PUBG, Fortnite, and some other multiplayer games too. By now, you are also aware of the history of the Battle Royale Game. Okay, so get going, share this article with your friends and enhance their knowledge too. On that note, until the next time, see ya !! Goodbye !! ~~> ~~> ~~>
:: ~~> ~~> :: ** :::::: ** :: )) ** :: ** (( ~~> ~~>