What does Added Me Back mean on Snapchat? In this post, we will ponder on the topic if it is possible to tell if someone has unfollowed you on Snapchat. Or, if someone has added you back. On that note, let’s talk about these topics in greater depth in the subsequent sections.
What does Added me back mean on Snapchat?
Snapchat is a popular app used by millions of users every day to connect with others. It differs from Facebook, Instagram, etc. in the sense that it keeps your business private. From the ability to delete Snaps immediately after the other person sees them to not showing your follower and friend list, the app allows you to focus entirely on sharing only the important moments with others.
However, one commonality between Snapchat and other social media platforms is the ability to add friends. On Snapchat, you can add friends via their username, contact list, Snapcode, and quick add feature.
Sometimes, you might have seen a notification stating “Shubham(the person) Added you back, Say Hi!”. This signifies that someone whom you already have added as a friend has reciprocatively accepted your request and added you back. Now, if this is the case, you both will be able to send messages and snaps to each other.
On the contrary, if you add someone on Snapchat but they don’t reply or decline your request, you won’t receive the “You’ve been added back” message. That is to say, this message will only appear if the person you previously added on Snapchat accepts your friend request and adds you back.
Figuring out if someone has added you back –>
There are numerous ways to figure out when a user you’ve added to your friends’ list has added you back or not on Snapchat. So, let’s see each of these methods one by one:-
Using Snapchat Friends List
If you don’t get the notification “I’ve added you back. Say hi!”, you can check your friends’ list to find out when someone has added you back on Snapchat. Here’s what you need to do:
- Launch Snapchat.
- Thereafter, select your Bitmoji.
- After that, scroll down and tap on “My Friends” under the “Friends” section.
- Next, enter the username of the person you’re looking for in the search bar at the top.
- If you find the person in your friends’ list on Snapchat, it means they’ve added you back as well.
- Hurray! You have successfully confirmed your new friend 🙂
Check the Snap score of the person you added as a friend
On Snapchat, you can only see someone’s Snap Score if you’re both friends. So, a quick and easy way to find out if someone has added you back is to check if you can see the person’s Snapchat score. Here’s what you need to do:
- Launch the Snapchat app.
- Go to “My Friends” or swipe left.
- Then, open the person’s profile by tapping on their Bitmoji icon.
- Now, check if that person’s Snap score is visible.
- If their score is visible, that means you’ve been added back.
- So, rejoice 🙂
Another way out
- Launch the Snapchat application on your Android/iOS device.
- Thereafter, tap the icon resembling a “+” and a person’s silhouette.
- Now, if someone has recently added you, you’ll see a yellow circle with a number above the icon.
Note: You can also check if someone has added you back under the new “Added me” tab.
How to figure out, if someone has rejected your request? –>
Sometimes, you send a request to someone to be added to their friends’ list, but alas! they disregard your sentiments and outrightly reject your endeavors. But, in all this, you are not directly able to figure out the status of your request. But, we have found a way using which, you can see if someone has rejected your offer, albeit indirectly.
Some signs to look for, to figure out that your request has been rejected, are:
- You can’t add the person as a friend.
- You select the person on your Snapchat menu screen, but when you tap the “Add” icon, nothing happens.
- The person has actively blocked you.
- Furthermore, Snapchat is not allowing you to send a friend request or message.
WRAPPING UP!! –>
In this post, you have learned about what added me back means on Snapchat. You have learned the various ways in which you can find out if someone has indeed added you back or has simply rejected your request. Not only that, after going through this post, you will have learned quite a few miscellaneous tips along the way. So, here’s this post for you. Get through this post and get all the answers to your queries. On that note, until the next time, see ya!! Goodbye!!