If you want to find out ‘How Do I Check How Old My Android Phone Is?’ then you are at the right place. You have to find all the important dates of the device such as the manufacture date to know how old it is. When you buy a new phone or tablet then you have to complete a procedure for activation after taking them out of the box. Usually, people activate their devices on the day of their purchase. But in relation to earlier models, you can find the purchase receipt.
Ever since the breakthrough of the Android phone and other devices, its popularity has only increased. So it is understandable if you are looking to find out how old your phone is before you buy a new one. So, let’s dive into other methods to check it.
Also Read: Green vs blue text android
How Do I Check How Old My Android Phone Is?
In addition to the above-mentioned methods, you have other options. They are as follows:
- Firstly, search for manufacturing data available on the box of your new phone.
- Some companies like Motorola put all the required dates on the packaging alone. On the other hand, other manufacturers provide leaflets with your device.
- Thirdly, you can look up such things on its website or contact them directly.
- There is an IMEI number that can be found in the Settings of your smartphone. After you get to know it, you can easily know the model name of your device.
- Lastly, open your browser and go to the Chipmunk website. Here you just have to type the serial number for finding the manufacturing date of your smartphone.
How Old is My Samsung Android Phone?
If the Android phone you are carrying is Samsung and you want to know ‘How Do I Check How Old My Android Phone Is?’ then we will discuss it now. As mentioned before, you should inspect the packaging of your device as it may have a sticker of the manufacturing date. Additionally, you can check the hardware version by going to Settings of the phone. In the case of older versions, the model number is also printed on the back of the battery.
How Old is a Samsung device by Serial Number?
The serial number should be the most important thing to notice when you are buying a Samsung device. As usual, it will available on the packaging or on a leaflet provided with it. However, if it is not there then we recommend you find it online or contact the Samsung team on their website. Everything becomes easier after knowing the serial number of the Samsung device as you will be able to find ‘How Do I Check How Old My Android Phone Is?’.
You can easily ascertain the age of your Samsung device by its serial number. Let’s look into some codes to make it easier for you. The words ‘GA’ implies that the device was manufactured between April 2001 and April 2013. Now you can go to Samsung’s website and find out its age by using the date codes.
How to search IMEI Number on Samsung?
Before buying a new model of Samsung smartphone, you should know how to search for the IMEI number. Firstly, check the backside of your device because during manufacture it is typed into the internal storage of the device. The IMEI number is distinctive for each smartphone which helps in identifying the legitimacy of the device. You can easily know this number by dialing *#06#. It also has an advantage i.e., it will help in finding your lost device.
Steps to know your number
Sometimes users face an issue where they don’t know their phone numbers. But if you are facing this problem then don’t worry you are not alone. So, there are methods that will solve this problem. In order to do so, you have to do the following:
- Firstly, navigate to Settings on your Android smartphone and tap on System > Advanced.
- Secondly, you will the option of Phone Identity. You will easily be able to see your phone number written there in bold.
- Lastly, if the number is not visible then you have to examine the OS version of your smartphone.
Conclusion for How Do I Check How Old My Android Phone Is?
We hope that our blog ‘How Do I Check How Old My Android Phone Is?’ helped you in finding the age of your device. We have provided additional information on the famous Android smartphone, Samsung. Most of the process is the same in all Android devices so you can easily follow the same process for all other smartphones. Thank you for reading our blog!