Here in this blog, we are going to discuss various solutions to the question ‘What is the Shortcut Key to Shutdown Windows 7?’. Firstly, you should try the basic Alt + F4 formula as it can shut down tabs, programs as well as the entire PC. Secondly, you can give try to Ctrl + Alt + Del formula to close Windows 7. Thirdly, there is one more shortcut of keys Win+X that can be helpful to you. In case you have to power down the PC then it is preferable to utilize the -f shortcut.
What is the Shortcut Key to Shutdown Windows 7?
Here shortcut key refers to a keyboard shortcut like the methods mentioned above. Apart from the already popular ones, you can also make your own shortcut keys just by following a simple process. Firstly, right-click on the screen and choose the option of “Add Shortcut” from the list. Secondly, provide a name for that shortcut that can be of any command.
The above-mentioned commands have the capability of shutting down all the apps on your PC. But please ensure that all your work has been saved before using such shortcuts. In order to use them, you just have to press these keys on your keyboard together. On the other hand, if they don’t work then use the Slidetoshutdown command as it is an advanced version.
How to force a shutdown of Windows 7?
Sometimes it happens that your PC freezes and you are unable to take control of it. In such a case, you can use the same shortcut that we discussed while considering the question ‘What is the Shortcut Key to Shutdown Windows 7?’.
- Firstly, while pressing Alt+F4, a pop-up will appear where you have to choose the Restart option. After giving your PC some time, it will be back to usual.
- Secondly, you can try the shortcut of Win+Sleep and press these buttons together on your keyboard. In the case of Mac, utilize the option of the command line.
- Lastly, you have the option to make your own shortcut for such cases beforehand. Then you can use them when this situation occurs.
Process of using the shortcut keys
In this part, we will discuss how you can shut down your PC as well as restart it. So, the steps are as follows:
Power down your PC
In the case of a screen freeze, usually users have to power down their PC manually. You can do so by holding the Power button found on the top-right part of your keyboard. When your lock screen appears, hold and drag it below. Your Windows 7 will shut down by following this procedure.
Shutdown your PC
All the related methods for ‘What is the Shortcut Key to Shutdown Windows 7?’ are already discussed above. So, now we are going to describe the process of creating a shortcut. In the case of a Windows keyboard, you have the option to allocate the same shortcut for shutting down and restarting your PC. However, these shortcuts contain the prefix Ctrl + Alt so you just have to add the third key. For example, Ctrl+Alt+D will shut down Windows 7.
How to shut down laptops using shortcuts?
Since the Windows OS provides a wide range of shortcut keys that you can use to shut them down, you don’t have to worry. In the case of a screen freeze, you just have to close that tab and the issue will end. You can find the reasons behind it by visiting the Task Manager. Now select the option of Processes and search for the program that caused you the issue and obliterate it. You can do so by pressing the Control keys and a menu will pop up on the screen. Choosing Shutdown will terminate that application.
The process of shutting down is an important part of the laptop’s life since it helps all the management servers and keeps them afloat. Additionally, it guarantees a stable performance and increases its life.
Why is My Windows 7 Not Shutting Down?
Following are some of the reasons behind the issues behind the shutdown of Windows 7:
- Firstly, you should check if your PC requires updates because previous versions create issues. You can easily sort this by downloading and installing the new version of the software.
- Secondly, you should disable the feature of the fast startup. You can do so by visiting the Control Panel and selecting Change Power Options. Once it has been disabled, restart your PC before you use it again.
- The last reason may be a failed hard drive. Whenever your hard drive is damaged then issues like this happen. You can check its status by administrating gpedit from the Start menu.
We hope that our blog ‘What is the Shortcut Key to Shutdown Windows 7?’ is helpful to you in relation to both PCs and laptops. All the shortcuts and answers you require relating to this topic are discussed above. Thank you for reading our blog!