Discord is a platform through which you can connect with your buddies around the globe and have a virtual get-together. You can avail of the option of messages, calls, and video calls on this platform. This platform can also be used in way of streaming like watching Netflix or Prime shows together with your friends. However, you should be careful while using it and not violate the rules of the platform. This is because doing so may result in your Discord Account getting disabled. In this blog, we will discuss ‘Discord Account Disabled (Reasons & Fixes)’.
Discord Account Disabled
We will discuss the reasons and fixes behind your disabled Discord Account. Let’s start with the reasons behind this.
- Firstly, you did not stick with the rules and regulations of the platform. For example, hate speech, violence, blackmail, unethical promotion, etc. all count as a violation of community guidelines.
- Secondly, you are not major and still using Discord. You should be above the age of 18 to use the app legally.
- Thirdly, you are continuously spamming the platform with insensitive content.
- There is a chance that your account has been reported by someone.
- You should be active on Discord if you don’t want your account getting disabled. The maximum amount of period is 2 years of inactivity.
- Lastly, if there has been an investigation going on for fraudulent activities in relation to your account.
You can visit this page to read all the Terms and conditions of Discord.
Fix the disabled Discord account
Now we will tell you how to get back your account in this blog ‘Discord Account Disabled (Reasons & Fixes).
1. Contact the Support team
Now that you know the reason behind disabling your Discord account, you have to reach out to the Discord Support team. Their email id is firstname.lastname@example.org or you can reach out to the help center. You can contact them and explain to them your reasons to reactivate your Discord account.
2. Submit the Appeal form
The Discord team will send you an email explaining their stand and the reasons behind disabling. However, if in your opinion it is a mistake then you have the option to submit an appeal form. The process for it is as follows:
- Firstly, visit the website of https://dis.gd/contact.
- Secondly, you will see the question “What can we help you with?” where you have to choose Trust & Safety.
- Then, type your email id at the required place. Please ensure that you use the same email address and mobile number while filling out the form.
- As an answer to “How can we help?”, you have to choose the option of ‘Appeals, age update, or other questions‘.
- After doing so, you have to choose “Appeal an action taken on my account or bot” and then “An action was taken on my account”.
- Now you have to tick some checkboxes before proceeding as shown in the image below.
- Lastly, you have to fill in the options of Subject and description.
Note: After 14 days of expiry, your Discord account will get permanently deleted as a matter of course.
3. Wait out
Now you have to be patient and wait till they reactivate your account. This is because there is no prescribed period for this and it can take hours or weeks. While waiting, keep checking your emails and spam.
How to disable a Discord account?
Since the topic of ‘Discord Account Disabled (Reasons & Fixes)’ is complete, we will move on to how you can disable the account yourself. The process is as follows:
- Firstly, open Discord on your device and make sure you are logged in.
- Secondly, navigate to Settings of the app and choose Account.
- After doing so, you have to select the option of Edit your account.
- Lastly, go down the page to choose the option of ‘Disable account‘. It will be available near the option of ‘Delete account’.
We hope that our blog ‘Discord Account Disabled (Reasons & Fixes)’ helps you in recovering your account. It is necessary to know the reasons behind the action then you can proceed in the manner provided in the blog. We hope that everything works out in your favor. Thank you for reading our blog!