Facebook was the first social platform that became famous for its connectivity. It has been in the game for so long now that all it needs now is strict rules and regulations for users’ protection. Some time back, Facebook introduced one such feature that will help its users in locking their profile picture. When you lock a profile picture on Facebook then other people cannot open it to a high-resolution picture. It provides privacy to its users and protection from prying eyes and people with no good intentions. We will tell you a solution for ‘How to View Locked Facebook Profile Picture?’. So, let’s look into various methods now.
Also read: How to make a Facebook post shareable?
How to View Locked Facebook Profile Picture?
1. User ID scheme
In order to use this scheme, you have to examine the form of URLs that Facebook uses. This is because Facebook follows a similar pattern for locking a profile picture. So, you can easily decode this by varying some parts of the URL. The two types of URLs are as follows:
- Firstly, there is a 160 x 160 px dimension picture that you see on timelines while scrolling Facebook.
- Secondly, that same picture has a public URL that will expand it and you will be able to see it in its actual size.
If you see a URL of a Facebook profile picture then you will find there are letters first. These letters regulate the dimensions of the picture. And if you keep reading it, then you will find numbers in its latter part. These numbers are unique IDs for every user of Facebook. The process of unlocking a Facebook profile picture is as follows:
- Firstly, navigate to Facebook and sign into your account.
- Secondly, visit the profile of the person whose locked profile picture you wish to see.
- You will see their Facebook username in bold now. Copy that name as shown in the image below.
- Now you have to replace the URL available in the tab with the following: https://graph.facebook.com/username/picture?width=800
- Lastly, you have to paste the new URL in a different tab that will take you to see the locked Facebook profile picture.
2. Using a tool
If you have been looking for a solution for ‘How to View Locked Facebook Profile Picture?’, then you must have heard of Facebook Locked Profile Picture Viewer. This online tool is free of cost and you can easily view a locked profile picture. You just have to enter the URL of the locked profile and click on Submit. The image will appear on your screen in its actual size uploaded by the user.
3. Sending a friend request
These protections are in place for a reason and social media can become scary sometimes. So, it is best to follow the regulations set by the platform. It is best that you send a friend request to someone formally. This is the proper procedure that will help you in viewing their profile picture and also protect the privacy of the other user. The process of sending a friend request is very simple and every Facebook user must be aware of it. But let’s still discuss the steps for the same:
- Firstly, visit your FB account and type the name of the person whose profile picture you have to view in the search tab.
- Now various names will appear in a list and you have to find the person you are looking for. After finding the profile, click on it.
- You will see an option to ‘Add Friend‘ below their name on the profile. Click on that and the friend request is sent. When they confirm it, you will be able to see their locked profile picture.
We hope that the above methods help you in finding a solution to ‘How to View Locked Facebook Profile Picture?’. It is also recommended to use the procedure prescribed by Facebook for it as it will protect the privacy of users on Facebook. Thank you for reading our blog!