There are many avid Instagram users who use the app not to post stuff but to use the messaging feature. It is a great way to stay connected with your friends and acquaintances as you share relatable memes. However, your chat list gets disrupted when you receive messages from people other than your followers, replies to your story, etc. Since Instagram allows DMs from other people too, your chat list can get full of people you don’t want. So, we will tell you How To Delete Messages On Instagram (Android and iOS) in this blog.
How To Delete Messages On Instagram (Android and iOS)
Now we will tell you how to delete messages on Instagram either partly or wholly on both Android and iOS. When you choose to delete the whole conversation with someone on Instagram, it will only vanish for you. The other person will still have the entire conversation in their chat list on Instagram. In order to remove this defect, you have to delete messages one by one in a chat.
You can delete messages on an Android device by following the steps given below:
- Firstly, open Instagram on your Android device.
- Secondly, open the DM part of Instagram by clicking on the icon available in the upper-right corner.
- Thirdly, find the chat whose messages you want to delete on Instagram.
- When you find it then hold that chat for some time and click on the Delete option that will appear on the screen.
Now we will discuss the method for iPhone and iPad devices. The steps are as follows:
- Firstly, open Instagram on your iOS device.
- Secondly, navigate to the DM section of Instagram by clicking on the icon available in the upper right corner.
- Now you have to look for a particular chat from the chat list whose messages you want to delete.
- When you find it then you have to swipe left from right on that chat.
- Lastly, you have to click on the Delete option, when you see it.
Conclusion How To Delete Messages On Instagram (Android and iOS)
We hope that our blog ‘How To Delete Messages On Instagram (Android and iOS)’, helps you in deleting all the unwanted chats from your Instagram chat list. The steps are very easy to follow. But you have to ensure that you have an updated version of Instagram in order for this method to work. Also, Instagram doesn’t provide the option to delete multiple chats at once so you have to do all the work by yourself. Thank you for reading our blog!