In this post, we will be discussing about how to fix Telegram not working on wifi issue. So, if you are also here for answers on the same topic, then I gladly welcome you to join me in this adventurous and educative journey to find out why the Telegram app may not been working properly on your wifi. And, also how to fix issues such as these. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s start right away!
How to fix Telegram Not Working on Wifi
As we already know, Telegram is one of the world’s leading cloud-based messaging platforms that you can use on multi-platforms. Moreover, Telegram also has a web app that can be accessed through any modern browser. Despite being the market leader, Telegram doesn’t protect you from outages and unexpected issues. Also, like any platform, Telegram can also suffer from bugs and glitches.
One of the most common issues with Telegram is that the app doesn’t work over WiFi. In this case, users cannot access new chats and get stuck on the ‘Connect” page. Usually, this problem with Telegram is caused by slow network connections and server failures. However, it can also be due to corrupted data, faulty app caches or outdated software.
Restart your System
The first and foremost solution that you can try to fix this issue is restarting your system. This is one of the easiest and quickest ways to fix an issue with the Riot Client launch. It is so because, restarting your system, reloads all the resources and fixes any temporary technical glitches if any. Here’s what you need to do:
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard to open the Start menu.
- Thereafter, open the Power Options tab.
- Finally, select Restart to restart your system.
- Next, restart your Riot Client application and see if the issue fixes.
- Enjoy 🙂
Check Telegram Servers
Okay! So, first and foremost, before you take any troubleshooting actions, you shall check Telegram servers first. This way, you’ll be able to determine if the problem is coming from your device or from Telegram itself. So, here’s what you need to do:
- To check if you have an active internet connection, you can try opening a webpage using your Chrome browser.
- Alternatively, you can also test your internet speed by going to this link, to see how much data your phone is pulling from the network.
- If the internet speed is not too good, you can try connecting to another wifi network or wait a few moments before using Telegram again.
- One more thing, that you can try, if you suspect an issue with the Telegram servers in your region is, visit this Downdetector page and describe your issue and hit search.
- That’s it!
Turn Off VPN
Virtual private networks or VPN’s are third-party apps that protect your network and data from hackers and other companies. They mask your default IP address and filter your activity to protect your online information.
However, VPNs can also cause connection problems if they aren’t optimized or if you’re connected to an overloaded server. To avoid such problems, you shall disable your VPN.
Furthermore, even if disabling it doesn’t resolve the issue, you may even switch to another VPN service provider, say PureVPN, NordVPN or TurboVPN for that matter.
Update Telegram Application
To update the Telegram app on your mobile device, follow these steps:
- Open App Store (Apple Users) or Play Store (Android Users).
- Then, search for Telegram.
- Then, tap on the Update option, if an update is available.
Clear App Cache Data
Sometimes, clearing the app cache is all that needs to be done to fix the issue:
- Open System Settings > Apps and Notifications > View Apps.
- Then, choose Manage Apps > Telegram > Memory and Cache
- Thereafter, tap on Clear.
- Next, select the Force Stop option and close your app.
- Finally, restart the app to fix your issue.
To re-install Telegram, you need to:
- Open Google Play Store(Android) or Apple App Store(iOS) and search “Telegram”.
- On the next page, tap “Uninstall” or “Remove” based on your device.
- Now, you need to wait for few moments then, tap the Install button.
- After the process is complete, open Telegram and continue your experience.
Contact Telegram Support
Last but not the least, you can report the problem with notifications to Telegram Support. Informing Telegram about the problem can also help future users with the notification issue!
- Open Telegram app.
- Tap on the three dots button (hamburger menu) > “Settings”
- Now, scroll down to Help and tap “Ask a question”.
- Then, report the issue through the Volunteer Support channel.
- That’s it! Wait for sometime and the issue will resolve. Enjoy 🙂
WRAPPING UP!! –>
So, now that you have come to this, I am pretty sure that you have gone through all the methods and facts related to the topic, “How to fix Telegram Not Working on Wifi?” Thus, now I can rest assured that your crisis is over and you will now be able fix the issue your issue and have fun again with Telegram. So, make sure to use the knowledge acquired here and thereby make your life easy and peasy. On that note, until the next time, see ya!! Goodbye!! –>